Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
Purpose: To maximize achievement for all students by supporting positive school climate among students and staff.
- PBIS is a research-based, school-wide systems approach to improve school climate and create safer and more effective schools.
- PBIS focus on teaching supporting positive behavior.
- PBIS uses consistent procedures for all students, all school staff, in all school settings.
- PBIS supports socially appropriate behaviors.
- PBIS procedures and routines create a productive school environment.
The staff at WHES is committed to working with student sand their families to positive behavior in all school settings.
Windy Hill Elementary Expectations
- Be Respectful — Show concern for yourself, others, and their feelings.
- Be Responsible — Demonstrate good behavior, show self-control, and take care of everyone's belongings.
- Be Ready to Learn — Be prepared and ready to do your best at all times.
Windy Hill Elementary PBIS Team: The PBIS team is representative of the entire school staff. The team meets regularly to discuss and evaluate system progress, provide staff with data updates and allows opportunities for input.
WHES Mission Statement: Windy Hill Elementary School will work collaboratively with the entire school community. We provide our students with the skills, learning tools, and knowledge to meet their full potential, ensuring that high expectations are held for all.
CCPS Mission Statement: Calvert County Public Schools has established as its mission a commitment to produce graduates who are responsible citizens with options and choices in the 21st century.
PBIS Reward System
When school expectations are followed, a student can be recognized for their efforts by receiving WIZARD WOWS, from teachers, bus drivers, substitutes, support staff, and administrators.
The WIZARD WOWS can then be exchanged for a variety of items including both tangible and non-tangible such as: pens, note pads, games, lunch with teachers, administrators or friends, pictures taken & more!
A student from each class is recognized each month as Wizards of Character!